3/14/2010

Q&A


So I posed the question "if you could ask a wedding coordinator anything, what would it be?" out into cyber space and got two questions in return. Here are my answers.

How do you compromise on a small wedding that the groom wants and a big wedding that the bride wants?

The first step is to determine why he wants a small wedding and why you want a big one. What are your reasons? Then, if you can bring elements of those answers into the wedding the actual size of the event may not come into play as much. It may be easier to compromise as it's not just big vs small. Maybe he doesn't like being the centre of attention - you can make changes to a larger wedding to address that concern. Maybe you have always dreamed of a fairytale - you can bring those details into a smaller wedding. You only get one shot at making this day perfect (or as close to it) as possible, so of course both of you need to be content with how it plays out. :)

Whats your favourite part of the job?

Most people, when they learn I am a wedding coordinator say the exact same thing: "oh that would be so fun! I've always wanted to be a wedding planner." It's a pretty standard response in all honesty. Of course reality is, I am not Jennifer Lopez and the job of a wedding coordinator is different than TV movies (at least not as glamorous) so I think a lot of people have a misguided opinion of what my job is like. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do very much - which brings me to the answer of this question...my favourite part about this job is the connection I have with my clients. I get to be a part of their day in a different way than anyone else. I get to know them as well as their family on a level that can't compare to the relationship between most professionals and their clients. There is something to be said about the relationships that form after months of planning, hours of talking, and the roller coaster ride of emotions one goes through on their wedding day. I am right there with my clients throughout the entire journey. To be the engineer of an important event like that is an honour.

If you have a question, feel free to ask anything you like, you can email me, post your questions on here, ask on twitter or our facebook fan page. Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

//